When I was little there was a dream I would have. I must've had it more than once because it stayed with me, in my memory.
I dreamt that there was a really huge building I believe it was a hotel or something with floors and floors of rooms and banisters around them all overlooking the ground floor below. From the higher floors it was quite a drop. As a child this hotel was never intact I would always dream that we were on one of the top floors when the ground would begin to fall away from us and I'd always watch as those around me slipped and went plummeting to the darkness below while I was left clinging onto the banister for dear life with a few other survivors.
I had this dream again a few weeks ago but this time, for the first time I saw the magnificence of the hotel. It was a beautifully grand building with crystal chandeliers, and opulent carpeting and lots and lots of light; which reflected beautifully off the cream marble flooring below. This time it wasn't falling apart around me it was intact and it was stunning. I stood in the exact same place I had always stood before but the ground remained firm and the lights remained on. I still had a faint fear for the memory of the old nightmares still lingered with me but those nightmares were gone and I was left with a beautiful dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment